Traction Motors DC
- The magnet frame is of cast/ fabricated design and has provision of mounting with nose suspension unit, on one side & the suspension bearings on the other side.
- Commutator is built up from silver bearing copper & mica segments and clamped by Commutator spider and V-ring with `V’ ring insulations made from alkyd vinyl mica bonded material, commutator is of arch-bound construction.
- E- Beam radiated cable as well as Fluonlex type cable are used.
- High quality Silicone rubber sealing for pole bolts, provide moisture resistance.
- Tungsten inert gas welding for commutator riser parts for better reliability.
- Arcing horns & arching rings are provided to provide an arcing gap direct to earth and to protect the commutator in the event of flashover.
- Terminal box arrangement with lead supporter for housing Loco – Cables.
- Armature endplate with fan effect for providing better ventilation.
- Flexible cable connections for brush gear & compole coils thereby improving reliability against vibration.
- Vertical mounting & arm mounting of gearcases to provide protection against vibration.
- Higher accuracy class Gearwheel & Pinion for higher speeds.
- Tapered Roller Bearing for axle suspension for longer life & maintenance free operation.
- Molded Series field & interpoles coil potted with poles using epoxy compound for better thermal conductivity.
- Proven insulation system with VPI resin for armature & field coils for extended life.
- Kapton mica paper & PTFE (Na treated) tape for earth insulation.